The Society of Legal Scholars (SLS) is the learned society for those who teach law in a university or similar institution or who are otherwise engaged in legal scholarship. As of beginning of 2013 the SLS had over 2900 members consisting of academic and practising lawyers in a wide variety of subject areas. The SLS was founded in 1908 and has charitable status. For more information on the SLS please read on.
International Review of Law (ISSN: 2223-859X) is inviting submissions for its next issues to be published in July 2016 and January 2017.
The journal accepts quality submissions on general legal subjects on a rolling basis in English and Arabic. Select authors will be invited to Qatar University College of Law in Doha to conduct a guest lecture on their area of research.
International Review of Law is an open-access, peer-reviewed, bilingual journal of law published by Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation and is freely available to scholars and practitioners from around the world. It is a distinguished international review and a platform for legal scholarship on a range of contemporary subjects. From its base in the Middle East, the journal aims to bring perspectives from around the world to developments in the law. Further details.
The response of the Society to the SRA consultation paper on ‘Training for Tomorrow: Assessing Competence’ is now available.
The detailed response of the Society to the Bar Standards Board consultation paper on ‘The Future Of Training For The Bar: Academic, Vocational And Professional Stages Of Training’ is now available.
March 2015: PowerPoint Slides from the REF Law Sub-Panel Feedback session given on the 4 March 2015 at the IALS by Professor Gillian Douglas.
- 2016 Annual Conference of the Irish Society of Comparative Law Monday May 23 2016
- Conference: Building Consensus on European Consensus Wednesday June 01 2016
- Conference: Directions in Legal Education Friday June 03 2016
- Summer School: Migration, Sea Border Control and Human Rights Monday June 06 2016
- Conference: Critical Legal Perspectives and Corporate Social Responsibility Wednesday June 08 2016
- Conference: Company Law Reform in Central and Eastern Europe - Legal Borrowing, Leapfrogging, and Innovating for a Competitive Regulatory Environment Thursday June 09 2016
- Conference: International and Comparative Law in the 21st Century - Lessons learned? Friday June 10 2016
- Workshop: Vulnerability and Social Justice Friday June 17 2016
- Symposium: Lex Petrolea - Reality or Myth? Tuesday June 21 2016
- Conference: The International Law of Military Operations - Mapping the Field Tuesday June 21 2016
For all forthcoming events please click here. The SLS is pleased to provide details of forthcoming legal events in on this site and via email. Should you wish to advertise an event please contact us.
Deakin University has the following opportunities:
The The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Law has the following posts open:
Closing date for fellowship applications 1 December 2015 at 12 noon Hong Kong Time (GMT+8 hours) and Studentship applications 31 January 2016.
Lakehead University is conducting an extensive search for the Dean of the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law and invites expressions of interest, applications and nominations.
- Kent Law School: PhD research studentships, fee waivers and bursaries 2016/17
- Nottingham Trent University: External Examiners
- Georgetown University, Canada: The Donald G. Herzberg Chair in International Migration